I’d like to start my very first blog post off with an extra cash option that I’ve been using for years and that started me on this journey to find real work at home gigs – paid surveys. I’ve had my share of negative experiences with some survey sites but today, I am going to recommend my top 10 picks that have proven to be worthwhile and consistent with every use! Check them out below(Click the name of the company to view their website):
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure for more information.
1. Global Test Market – I’ve been a member of Global Test Market since 2011 and would highly recommend it. It was one of the first survey sites I signed up for and it has provided me with a variety of opportunities; from surveys, to product tests, to focus groups and website testing. They use a point system to reward participants and in my experience, each survey has been about 50 to 6,000 life points depending on the survey type. You can redeem starting at 165 lifepoints. They also have an app called Lifepoints that’s available for download on Android or IOS and offers additional ways to earn, like “Hit or Miss” or “Earn on the Go”. They’ve recently updated their reward catalog and have added tons of new reward options.
2. OpinionOutpost – This is the very first survey site I signed up for back in 2010. I remember receiving my very first payment in the form of a check for a whopping $5. Times have changed a lot since then and this site has definitely gotten with the times. It has a low $10 threshold and you can cash out via Paypal or Amazon rewards card and trust me, it is super easy to get to the $10 cash out requirement. This site also has variety in the type of surveys received. I’ve done product tests, website tests, and online discussion boards just to name a few.
3. Ipoll – I’m a bit of a newbie to this one compared to the previous two sites. I’ve been a member of Ipoll since December 2016 and have cashed out well over $250 in Paypal cash. Cash out options are Amazon gift cards, Itunes gift cards and Paypal cash and the threshold of $25 is relatively easy to get to. I also get frequent survey offerings through the Ipoll app (Android and IOS compatible), including unique location based survey opportunities that you can complete during a stop at the gas station or grocery store. One thing to note is that they will stop sending surveys for a short period of time if you complete a certain amount of surveys consecutively in the same day. This is just a system to stop people from rushing through surveys and to ensure they are getting quality responses from survey participants.
4. YouGov – I’m also new to YouGov but I’d have to say this survey site is the most unique out of those I’ve listed so far. YouGov pays participants in points for their opinions on many different subjects; most commonly, politics. I usually receive anywhere from 250 to 1,000 points per survey and surveys come to my inbox about twice per week. The cash out threshold is 25,000 points and it does take time to get to that threshold. Although the length of time it takes to cash out can be longer than other sites, YouGov has a pretty good reward catalog, larger than others that I’ve reviewed. There are multiple gift cards that you can use your points for and there’s also a discussion board if you’re really interested in politics and would like to share more opinions with others.
5. Swagbucks – I’ve been a member of Swagbucks since 2014. Are you looking for survey site with variety in earning opportunities? This is it! With Swagbucks, you can earn through surveys, watching videos, searching the internet, playing games, checking out offers, and the list goes on! As of this blog post, they are offering a $10 bonus at sign up to get you started. They will also send you additional Swagbucks periodically if you haven’t visited the site in awhile. You can redeem from as little as 5 to 25,000 Swagbucks and they are relatively easy to get.
6. Vindale Research – Ok guys, this survey site will send you TONS and I mean TONS of surveys! Literally everyday I open my inbox, I have at least 5 new survey invitations. I’ve been a member of this site since January 2017 and have cashed out twice in that timeframe. The cash out threshold is $50 and what I really love about this site is how fast you receive your money. I cashed out and received my $50 Paypal cash the next day since payment days are fridays of every week. This is faster than many of the other survey sites I use. It doesn’t take too long to hit the cash out threshold, especially if you are completing all offers received each day. As of this blog post, the site gives you $2 for signing up and completing your profile.
7. Paidviewpoint – This survey site is unique in that the surveys are very short and most can be completed in as little as 1 minute. If you’re short on time, this is a good option to use to gain some quick earnings for the day. I’ve been a member of this site since 2013 and I’ve cashed out many times since then. The earnings per survey are about $0.10, therefore it does take some time to get to the cash out threshold of $15.00 but I do receive about 4 surveys a week. If you qualify further while completing the standard $0.10 survey, you will be invited to a follow up survey allowing you to earn a bit more during that session. Get your trait score up to the max level and you could receive a lot more opportunities than someone who hasn’t hit that max yet.
8. SurveySavvy – If survey sites were humans and had siblings, this site would be the quiet, mysterious one that pops up when you least expect it. I’ve been a member of Survey Savvy since 2013 and I receive about 2 surveys a week. The cash out threshold is very low at $1 and the payment method is via check. They haven’t stepped up to the Paypal game like most sites, but you get your money nevertheless. I receive surveys that pay anywhere from $1 to as high as $15. I actually receive about 1 product per month to test out from this site. They also have a product call SavvyConnect that pays you $5 per month, per device to install their app on your phone. This is a straight, no chaser site to get you the cash rewards you are looking for.
9. SurveyJunkie – This is another site that has an abundance of survey opportunities available each day. I started with this site in January 2017 and receive about 4 survey invites per day. There are also more survey opportunities in your dashboard when you log in everyday. Surveys pay in points, from 20 up to 200 points, from what I’ve experienced. The cashout threshold is $10.00 which is very quick to get to if you are completing surveys everyday. Once you cash out, you will typically receive payment within 2 business days for gift cards or Paypal cash. I’ve gotten mostly surveys, but have also received some product tests as well.
10. MindfieldOnline – I’ve been a member of Mindfield since 2010. The cashout threshold is low, at $5.00 and payment can be received via Paypal or Check. I receive about 4 surveys per week and there are a lot more on my dashboard upon login. Like many of the other survey sites, Mindfield has opportunities to enter into sweepstakes to win additional cash and I’ve received products to test from them as well. There will be periods of time where the site is no longer accepting new members, so keep that in mind when trying to sign up.
That does it for my top 10 recommended survey sites to earn extra cash. With all survey sites, you will not qualify for every survey but do not fret my friend! Rest assured, you will qualify the more you keep your profiles updated and complete surveys for each provider. To avoid disqualification as much as possible: Take your time, answer honestly, and don’t complete multiple surveys from the same site at the same time. They will be aware and you will get several warnings before you are disqualified from further participation. Remember, these sites gather data for real companies that are looking for real consumer opinions so jump on board if you are ready to earn!